If you’re a fan of apples--and even if you’re not--you probably know that the humble and nutritious apple can be turned into juice, cider, and even vinegar, depending on the process. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from the fermentation of apples which eventually breaks the sugars from the apples down into alcohol, then further into acetic acid. If the apple cider vinegar is unfiltered, a substance called mother (proteins, enzymes, and bacteria) is also added, which tends to give the vinegar its murky appearance. Although apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries in folk medicine and in cooking, it has more recently taken the wellness market by storm.
This simple concoction is touted to do many things, including helping people lose weight, improve hair and skin health, and even give your body a good detox. But can it really do all that? That’s why we’ve decided to take a look at:
- Why should you take an apple cider vinegar supplement?
- Is it worth it to take an apple cider vinegar supplement?
- Our recommendations for apple cider vinegar capsules
What Are the Benefits of Taking Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules?
Is it worth adding an ACV supplement to your routine?
If you’re considering adding an apple cider vinegar supplement to your daily life, you may at first be turned off by the thought of vinegar and its strong aroma. Not to worry, you don’t have to gulp down a glass of vinegar if you don’t want to. You can easily find both apple cider vinegar capsules and gummies on the market, making it a little more convenient to ingest. Let’s delve a little deeper into the possible benefits of an apple cider vinegar supplement.
- Supports weight loss. Many people swear by the fact that apple cider vinegar supplements can help you lose weight. Although there are few studies to support this, adding apple cider vinegar to your routine probably won’t result in major weight loss. However, if you are already on a reduced calorie diet, adding an apple cider capsule could help you feel more full throughout the day, causing you to eat less all around and allow you to lose weight.
- Lower blood sugar levels. People with Type 2 Diabetes may be able to benefit from apple cider vinegar supplements. Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar may be helpful in improving insulin function and contribute to lowering blood sugar after meals. It may also improve insulin sensitivity during a high carb meal.
- Help with skin and hair health. Because apple cider vinegar has good antibacterial properties, some people have found that it has been beneficial to smooth and even out their skin. This same reason is why it is often used for healthy hair, to help restore the natural pH of the scalp and limit dandruff flakes and itch.
- Can detox the body. Although there are no concrete studies to back it up, there are many people who believe in apple cider vinegar’s ability to detoxify the body. It is claimed to aid in the removal of toxins, while promoting the growth of good bacteria and provide the body with enzymes. While there's generally no harm in adding an apple cider vinegar capsule to your routine, there is no research to back this claim up.
- Apple cider vinegar is considered a safe supplement to take.
- Although there are a lot of purported benefits to it, there are not many studies to back up claims.
Are Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements Really Capable of Doing All That?
Is there any substance to back up the hype?
Apple cider vinegar is a safe supplement to add to your everyday lifestyle. However it should be noted that it is not going to have a significant impact overnight. While taking it to lose some weight is fine, don’t expect to take it by itself and lose a lot of weight. If you couple it with a reduced calorie diet, exercise, and good sleep, you might notice that you’ve lost some weight.
The same goes for using it for skin and nails, and what works for one person, doesn’t work for someone else. Some people find apple cider vinegar capsules don’t do anything for their hair and skin, while others notice clearer skin and a healthier scalp.
If you’re considering taking an ACV supplement for a detox, consider that your kidneys and liver are already working everyday to make sure your body is functioning as best it can. Eating right, exercising daily, and getting good sleep all help your body function at its best!
Top Picks for Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules
Add to your healthy lifestyle with these apple cider vinegar capsules
OroLine Nutrition Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules
These organic capsules are a great way to introduce apple cider vinegar capsules into your lifestyle. Not only are they organic, but they also contain astragalus, cayenne pepper, and the prebiotic inulin to add a little energy to your day, or help you reach your weight management goals. The veggie capsules have no aftertaste and are incredibly easy to add into your routine.
Dakota Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules with Garcinia Cambogia
These apple cider vinegar capsules are 100% natural, and each serving contains 1500mg of their blend of apple cider vinegar, garcinia cambogia, and other natural ingredients. This supplement is designed to boost your metabolism, enhance your focus, and assist with your weight loss goals.
Nutriflair Apple Cider Vinegar Capsules
If you’re looking for raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar capsules, then these from Nutriflair are for you. In two of these vegetable capsules you’ll get 1600mg of raw apple cider vinegar and the mother. This supplement is a good addition to your healthy lifestyle and may support weight management and your overall wellness.
Apple cider vinegar capsules would make a good supplement to your healthy lifestyle and may help you reach your weight goals, keep hair and skin looking good, and keep your body working at its best.