Working out can be such a gratifying thing to get into. While we should all try and get some exercise every day, some people may want to take it one step further and start lifting weights to build more muscle mass in their bodies. Getting to see a difference in your body and seeing your muscles become more defined the longer you keep at it, the more rewarding the experience can truly be.
One of the most common things that come with working out, is that there always seems to come a time where we stop seeing our body change and it’s easy to wonder if what you’re doing is truly making a difference in your body. While this is very common, you shouldn’t become discouraged. We think that if you want to continue to see results at a rapid rate, that you need to check out these amazing post workout supplements to continue to keep your body on track!
Continue reading to learn:
- What Are Post Workout Supplements?
- Are Post Workout Supplements Better Than Pre Workout Supplements?
- The Best Post Workout Supplements
What Are Post Workout Supplements?
Learn what incredible benefits that can have on your body after a good workout session!
There are many things to learn about and understand when it comes to post workout supplements. The main fact about post workout supplements is obviously that they should be taken after a workout, and this is to help your muscles to recover and help increase muscle synthesis where protein helps to repair muscle damage from working out. Muscles have to break down in order to grow and rebuild themselves, and with post workout supplements, this can help speed the process up.
Another fun thing about post workout supplements is that there are a couple different kinds that you can take. Post workout supplements with glutamine in it can be taken after your workout, or even before you go to bed and help prevent intense muscle aches you can get the next day after an intense workout. BCAA infused post workout supplements can be taken during or after a workout can both help muscles recover as you're working out, prevent fatigue, and also burn fat. Both types of post workout supplements are perfect to take whenever you’re done working out, but it’s also important to look into how they both affect your body for however you like to workout.
Are Post Workout Supplements Better Than Pre Workout Supplements?
Understand the difference between the two and what each can do for your body!
There are lots of discrepancies when it comes to understanding what the difference is between pre and post workout supplements. This is extremely important and you should know what each one does before picking one for your workout regimen. If you’re stuck between the two, we’re here to help you understand the differences between the two to help make your decision a lot easier.
Pre workout supplements are taken before your workout to help give you an energy boost to successfully complete your workout. They also have many other benefits, such as:
- Enhance your motivation and focus in your workout
- Boosts stamina and muscle endurance
- Increases the strength and power in your body
- Increase muscle development and blood flow
Post workout supplements are taken after your workout to help protect muscles and to help rebuild them after an intense workout. Some other benefits that post workout supplements have are:
- Increase muscle protein synthesis
- Build muscles
- Replenishes your lost energy after a workout
- Helps muscles recover after a workout
- Reduces overall muscle soreness
Both pre and post workout supplements can help make a difference in your body’s performance when working out. While there are very two distinct differences between pre and post workout supplements, it’s important to know the difference when deciding if you want to do both, or just stick to one.
The Best Post Workout Supplements
Not sure which post workout supplements are best to take? No worries, here are some of our favorites!
It can be difficult to find the best post workout supplement for you. We understand the challenge and trying to decide between the best brands, types, or even flavors can make it that more difficult. Well, we broke it down with our top six favorite post workout supplements that we think you should consider getting today!
Our top six recommended post workout supplements:
- Dr. Emil Post Workout Recovery: With both men and women’s post workout supplements, this supports muscle recovery that contains BCAAs for muscle endurance and hydration.
- Ultima Replenisher Electrolyte Hydration Powder: A post workout supplement aiming to help replenish your energy after an intense workout, along with rebuilding your muscles in the process.
- Legion Recharge Post Workout Supplement: A 100% natural post workout supplement comes with benefits, like helping to build muscle, gain strength, and recover at a better and faster rate.
- Phormula-1 Chocolate Milkshake: Want to enjoy a chocolate milkshake and get the benefits of a post workout supplement? This post workout tastes great and it helps to build muscle at rapid rates.
- Scivation Xtend BCAA Powder: Known for being a best seller with a great watermelon taste, this post workout supplement replenishes electrolytes, and supports muscle growth and recovery with 7 grams of BCAA included in each serving.
- Orgain Sport Recovery: An all organic, plant-based post workout powder that helps you recover faster after a workout. It is also made with anti inflammatory ingredients as well.
Trying to decide between which post workout supplement is best for you is crucial, but it is more important to understand what exactly post workout supplements actually are. They help to replenish your energy, and increase muscle strength, while helping them to recover from the damage that intense workouts can have on them.
We recommend post workout supplements, and it’s important to find the one that works best for you. Make sure to talk to your doctor about the post workout supplements, how they could benefit you, and which ones are best for you.