Main image courtesy of Birmingham Gastroenterology Associates.
Staying healthy in many ways should be something that you try to continuously do no matter how young or old you are. There are so many parts of your body that you need to keep healthy , such as your overall body health, brain health, dental health, and so many more, but among them all, one of the most important is your gut health.
No, you may be wondering why it is so important to keep your gut health in tip-top shape and there are many reasons why. Your gut health can help maintain and keep other important parts, functions, or processes healthy and going accordingly, so it is extremely important to do everything you can do to keep this area of your body healthy.
We’re sure you’re just as anxious as us to learn more about why you need to keep your gut healthy, so continue reading to learn:
- Why is it So Important to Keep Your Gut Healthy?
- Gut Health Facts You Didn’t Know
- Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
Why is it So Important to Keep Your Gut Healthy?
Gut health is essential, but it’s important to understand why that is too!
Are you looking more into your own gut health and understanding why it works the way that it does? Maintaining a pristine and healthy gut is important for each and every day and learning the many ways that you can improve your gut health is also important as well, but we should cover the basics first!
Now, why is gut health so important? Well, there are many reasons why this is the case, but the most important one is because many people consider the gut only working to digest food, but it actually does so much more than that. The gut has a direct connection with the brain which takes place 100% of the time.
An interesting fact about this is if you’re someone who for example suffers from anxiety, depression, and other mood disorders, your brain causes there to be imbalances and dysfunction to your gut. When it comes down to it, keeping your brain and gut health healthy are important since they’re so closely connected.
Your gut health also affects how your immune system works, any unexpected weight changes, your skin health, how good you sleep at night, and lots of other functions of your body as well.
Gut Health Facts You Didn’t Know
Are you interested in knowing things about your gut you never knew before? Here’s a list of some of the most important!
We know that you are looking to improve your gut health, and you are in the right place to do just that! We have a list of some of the most important gut health facts that you never thought you needed before until now.
Some of these gut health facts include:
- Processed food can cause inflammation to the lining of your gastrointestinal tract and your body fights these foods as if they’re an infection
- Gluten can be the enemy when it comes to your gut health and it can compromise the lining of your intestines
- Fermented foods, such as sauerkraut, miso, kimchi, tempeh, and even kombucha and kefir all contain live cultures that break down foods to improve your immune system
- A healthy gut often has a healthy pattern when it comes to your bowel movement schedule
- Probiotics are your best friend, especially after you’ve been on antibiotics, which kill all of the good bacteria in your gut in order for you to feel better
- It’s always important to get a good night’s rest, so make sure to get an extra hour or two in on the weekend, because it will help your gut out too
- Mental health disorders contribute largely to your gut health, so if you have low serotonin levels, try eating some healthier foods to potentially boost your mood
- Fast eaters could potentially hurt themselves in the long run, so slow and steady always wins the race
- Staying relaxed will also help to improve your gut health drastically
- If you have a regular bowel movement schedule and aren’t experiencing any bloating or abdominal pain, then you most likely have a healthy gut
There are a lot of important facts to know about gut health and while there are many more out there, we covered the most important ones to help you on your journey to a healthier gut!
Signs of an Unhealthy Gut
There are some obvious signs of a healthy gut, but it’s important to know even the non-visible ones!
Now that you know all of the most important gut health facts that there is to know, it’s important to also know what the signs are of an unhealthy gut as well. Knowing both of the healthy and unhealthy signs is crucial, so let’s focus on what the unhealthy ones are so you are aware!
Signs of an unhealthy gut include:
- An upset stomach
- Unintentional weight changes
- Constant fatigue and trouble sleeping
- Food intolerances
- Skin irritations
- Increased sugar cravings due to a high-sugar diet
- Autoimmune conditions
With so many incredible gut facts that you never knew before also comes the signs of an unhealthy gut that you should be made aware of at all times. It’s important to spot any changes in your gut that you may notice and contact a doctor if you are unsure about some of your symptoms.
Making sure that you know all of the best gut health facts out there in order to make better decisions when it comes to your health is essential to living a healthy lifestyle. Make sure that you understand both the healthy and unhealthy signs of your gut health and learn how to improve your health entirely!
Are you looking for a prebiotic, probiotic, and postbiotic supplement all in one? Why not try out Dr. Emil Nutrition’s Total Gut Complex! This amazing supplement supports your gut entirely while also stimulating good bacteria, growing more good bacteria, boosting good bacteria benefits, and so much more.