Do you know if you’re getting the right nutrients in your diet? No matter how much you exercise and try to have a healthy diet, it can be very difficult to get all of the nutrients necessary that you need to continue to remain healthy. This is where multivitamins come in! Multivitamins are able to fill in the gaps for the nutrients your body needs, when it becomes tough to do so with your day-to-day diet. Let’s say you’re a male and want to know what are the best multivitamins that you can take. It’s intimidating when there are so many, but here are the top five that you can choose from. If you feel like you could benefit from multivitamins, consider adding them to your routine!
In this article, we’re going to discuss what are the top five multivitamins for men:
- Why should you take multivitamins?
- What dose of multivitamins should you take?
- Top 5 multivitamins for men to take
Why Should You Take Multivitamins?
Is there a positive effect that these have towards your diet and well-being?
Multivitamins are a great supplemental addition to a healthy lifestyle. What you can’t get from your diet, you can get from multivitamins. Your body can experience nutrient gaps, and there are many different reasons for this. Depending on your age, sex, and even different life stages can throw off your diet and cause a lack of the essential nutrients that your body needs. If you have a certain diet, for example--if you are a vegan or a vegetarian--this could be throwing off how your body gets certain nutrients. Multivitamins are able to fill in these gaps where your diet falls short to help you stay happy and healthy.
When it comes to multivitamins, they also have lots of healthy benefits for your body. Lots of people consider multivitamins to be like an extra boost of goodness for your body. They are ideal for your overall health and can make up for what your body might be lacking. Some of these benefits can include:
- Improved immune system
- Healthier skin and hair
- Reduces your risk for cancer
- Keep your heart healthy
- Supports your eye health
- Overall makes you feel better
When it comes to the vitamins in our body, we get them mostly from fruits and vegetables. If we skip eating anything in these food groups, we are missing the vitamins we need to remain healthy. According to the CDC, we should be consuming one and a half, to two cups of fruit and two to three cuts of vegetables every single day. As humans, it’s tough to do this with all of the other food we are used to seeing that can contain harmful preservatives, trans fat, artificial flavors, and so much more.
- Multivitamins are an easy way to fill in nutrient gaps in your diet.
- There are many healthy benefits to multivitamins to support your overall health.
What Are the Side Effects to Multivitamins?
It is important to know what could potentially happen to your body when taking multivitamins.
Multivitamins are essential for your overall health, but keep in mind that they do come with some side effects. Even though these aren’t severe side effects, they could be a temporary inconvenience in your life. Also, keep in mind, if your doctor recommends that you start taking multivitamins, they are doing it to help your overall health that outweighs the side effects that may come with it. Some of these side effects can consist of:
- Upset Stomach
In worst case scenarios, your body can have an allergic reaction to multivitamins. While this is very rare, you should be aware of the possible symptoms that may come from an allergic reaction. Some symptoms of an allergic reaction can be:
- Itching and/or swelling of the face, throat, and/or tongue
- Trouble breathing
Remember to stay aware of how multivitamins are affecting your body because it can be different for each person. If you aren’t experiencing any of these particular symptoms, but might be experiencing other ones that you are worried about, contact your doctor immediately.
Top 5 Multivitamins for Men to Take
What brands, or specific multivitamins should you take as a guy?
As a male, multivitamins are essential, but which kind should you be taking? It can be intimidating when it comes to trying to figure out which ones are right for you, but just remember that there are a lot of benefits that come with taking them. You can find multivitamins at your local pharmacy, retail store, and even online. The top five multivitamins that men should be taking can be:
- Rainbow Light Men’s One Multivitamin - This is a food-based vitamin tailored to a male’s heart, reproductive, and prostate health. One tablet consists of 100% of the recommended daily intake for all the vitamins and minerals men need.
- GNC Mega Man - Men should take up to two tablets of this multivitamin that contains all of the recommended daily intake for vitamins and nutrients, except it excludes calcium and magnesium. It also contains 400% of the recommended intake of vitamin D for immune support, bone health, prostate health, and to protect against cell damage.
- Centrum One A Day Men’s Health Formula - One tablet contains 100% of the vitamins that men need daily except for iron. It helps support a healthy heart, increases energy and metabolism levels, and also supports a healthy prostate.
- Nature Made Multi For Him - Take one tablet a day for 22 specific vitamins and minerals tailored for men. This multivitamin is packed with lots of antioxidants, vitamin C, selenium, and beta-carotene and is considered a basic multivitamin for men that has almost everything they need.
- Smarty Pants Men’s Complete - If you prefer chewable tablets, try out this one that is packed with fifteen of the essential vitamins that you need in six fruit-flavored tablets. It has an active vitamin B12 and folate for better absorption of the vitamins and it supports heart and prostate health.
Multivitamins are a great way for men to maintain their health, and they are one of the only ways to get all of the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that they need every day. By taking a simple multivitamin, you can fill in the nutrient gaps that you may be missing. With these top five multivitamins for men, you will be on your way to a happier and healthier self!