Main image courtesy of Newsweek.
There are so many supplements out there that it can be difficult to find the ones that you should take. From helping to promote a healthy heart, improve your bone health, skin health, and even preventing certain diseases, supplements truly are crucial to your health. Supplements can fill in the gaps for what your body may be lacking. Whether it’s certain collagens, amino acids, proteins, or anything else supplements usually have exactly what you need.
Have you ever heard of bovine collagen? Bovine collagen is a type of protein that actually comes from a cow and is associated with lots of health benefits that range from helping your bones, skin, and more. Bovine collagen can help your body in so many ways, and we think that you should consider taking it, but we understand that there’s so much more to learn about it. If you think bovine collagen is for you, continue reading to find out more!
Continue reading to learn:
- What is Bovine Collagen?
- What Are the Benefits of Bovine Collagen?
- Are There Any Side Effects to Bovine Collagen?
What is Bovine Collagen?
Become familiar to this amazing supplement and the benefits it can have for your body!
Bovine collagen is a wonderful thing that everyone should consider taking. We’re sure that you know what protein is and how essential it is for your body. Your body needs and carries an abundant amount of protein to keep it healthy, and it’s found in your skin, tendons, ligaments, bones, muscles, and even your blood vessels.
This specific type of collagen, bovine, is actually derived from cows and it comes from many kinds of species of cows, such as yaks, bison, water buffalo, and even antelope. While all of these different kinds of cows are bovine species, most of the bovine collagen comes from every day cows.
Bovine is extracted from cow bones, or other cattle byproducts whenever they are boiled in water. Whenever the bovine collagen is extracted, it is dried and then made into the supplement that provides lots of health benefits for you!
What Are the Benefits of Bovine Collagen?
This supplement provides some of the best health benefits to keep many different parts of your body healthy!
Over the years, bovine collagen supplements have become extremely popular and that’s for one reason, the amazing benefits. There are numerous benefits that come from taking bovine collagen supplements that can greatly impact many parts of your body. We know you’re curious about the benefits that it has, so here they are!
Some benefits from taking bovine collagen supplements are:
- Improves overall skin health - Bovine collagen strengthens skin, reduces wrinkles and dryness, increases elastin and fibrillin in your skin, may help prevent acne and other skin conditions.
- Boosts your muscle mass - 1 to 10% of your muscle tissue is composed of collagen, so this protein will keep your muscles strong, and will help them function the way they’re supposed to. It can also promote the synthesis of creatine in your muscles, and even help your muscles grow after a workout.
- Prevents bone loss - Your bone mass deteriorates as you age, so bovine collagen helps prevent your bones from breaking down, which could lead to the development of diseases like osteoporosis. It can also make your bones stronger.
- Promotes heart health - Bovine collagen can prevent heart-related issues and it can even give your arteries a harder structure to avoid developing atherosclerosis, which is the narrowing of the arteries. Development of this could lead to a heart attack or stroke.
- Relieves joint pain - Collagen helps to keep your joints strong and healthy, so bovine collagen can help to reduce joint pain and even improve any symptoms you have of osteoarthritis, which is when the cartilage that is between your joints to cushion them wears down as you age.
Bovine collagen can also benefit other parts of your body too, such as hair and nails, gut health, promotes brain health, and it can even make you lose weight. There are lots of benefits of bovine collagen, so make sure to consider taking it today!
Are There Any Side Effects of Bovine Collagen?
Make sure you’re educated on the potential side effects to this supplement, if there are any!
Are you interested in taking bovine collagen supplements, but worried about any side effects that may come from them? Well, good news, bovine collagen is actually pretty safe to take with barely any side effects whatsoever! The side effects that it does have are very minor, so you should go to go when taking these amazing supplements.
The minor side effects that come from taking bovine collagen consists of redness, itchiness, and swelling of the skin, nausea, and even diarrhea. With these minor side effects, we think that it’s in your best interests to start taking bovine collagen supplements, so try them out!
There are many reasons to consider taking bovine collagen supplements. From them helping to improve your skin, bone health, muscle mass, and so much more with little to no side effects, we think that you should consider trying them out to indulge in the benefits they offer. Talk to your doctor today and make sure that they’re right for you.
Consider taking Dr. Emil’s Multi Collagen Plus supplements that contain bovine collagen to help improve your hair, skin, and nail health!